Announced at Microsoft Ignite 2019 and currently, in preview, Microsoft is now offering a first-party remote “Managed Meeting Rooms” service, where they will remotely manage your Microsoft Teams Rooms systems. It includes:
- Access to online portal
- Customers interact with Microsoft via support tickets that are view-able in the portal
- Proactive Monitoring – Incident reporting e.g. device issues, sign in issues
- Microsoft Endpoint Management integration
- Inventory, health and compliance reporting along with insights, analytics and recommendations
- Remote Patching (Windows, MTR App and Certified Room devices, which firmware update via windows update)
- Online planning advice for your room spaces
- Usage Reporting
- Remote fixing issues where possible
- Coordination of “hands” to do anything on site – today coordinating customer staff but in future could be partners
- Not included: Anything “hands-on” that needs physical work/in-room work, like plugging in a cable, is not included. Microsoft will recommend partners but the customer will pay for these services directly to those partners or customer can select their own partner.
There is a special windows agent the service uses that installs on the MTR.
Here are some screenshots of the portal.
There are over 170 customers in the preview, which is currently managing over 2,000 meeting rooms. A cost of $50 per room per month was mentioned, but this is not yet finalised.
There was a breakout session on the service at Microsoft Ignite, Recording here.
If you’re interested in participating in the private preview, you can register your interest here.