Huge news in the SMB voice space, Microsoft have now opened up the Microsoft 365 Business Voice SKU to over 70 countries via partner resellers (CSP, Cloud Solution providers), where the partner provides the telephony connectivity and minutes for the customer.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice with partner calling plan is available in all countries where Microsoft PSTN audio conferencing is available, except Australia. This is likely to do with the deal with Telstra there.
Previously this bundled SKU was only available in UK, Canada.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice is an add on SKU to SMB Office 365 Plans that include all of the following in one licence:
- Microsoft Teams cloud-based phone system with advanced features including call transfer, multi-level auto attendants, and call queues.
- Microsoft PSTN Dial-in audio conferencing for up to 250 people per meeting.
- 24×7 customer support, backed by Microsoft
- User phone numbers and calling plans (2 options, direct from Microsoft or via a partner)
There are two options:
- Direct from Microsoft which includes user phone numbers calling plans directly from Microsoft
- US ($20 PUPM), UK (£12 PUPM) and (Canada CAD $22.50) only
- World wide (including US, UK and Canada) via CSP partners, who add their own PSTN connectivity and calling plans for customers
- A lower-priced Microsoft SKU + the price for the calling plans from the partner
Business Voice is an is an add-on subscription for up to 300 users, that cannot be used standalone. It can be added on to:
- Office 365 Business Basic (previously called Office 365 Business Essentials)
- Office 365 Business Standard (previously called Office 365 Business Premium)
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium (previously called Microsoft 365 Business)
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 F1
- Microsoft 365 A1
- Microsoft 365 A3
- Microsoft 365 E3
The above SKU’s include Microsoft Teams, but up until now, you could not add PSTN audio conferencing numbers or phone system/calling plans. You had to move up to Office 365 Enterprise which is a decent price jump. Now you can with Microsoft 365 Business Voice
If you are above 300 seats there are enterprise licence SKUs to add PSTN Conferencing, Calling Plans and Phone System licences for your users. more details here
More details on Microsoft Calling Plans here