Microsoft has announced a new discount on the somewhat controversial Advanced Communications Licence.
Advanced Communications Licence covers:
- Compliance Recording Graph API Access – Access to use the Compliance/policy call recording Graph API – You also require a third party product to connect to the API and record sessions.
- Contact Center solution Graph API Access – Access to the API to support contact center integration for the licenced user -You still need a third party contact center solution.
- Live event of up to 20K participants (50 concurrent meetings per tenant, 16 hours length)
Additional customizations, tools and communications enhancements will be added to the SUK throughout 2020 including:
- 1,000-person interactive Teams meetings – “normal” teams meetings but up to 1,000 participants
- Large Overflow meetings – Up to 20,000 attendee large overflow meetings (up to 1,000 in an interactive mode and then up to 20,000 in a view-only live event type experience but as one meeting)
- Customized lobby controls and Custom branded meeting lobby
For the meeting features, the meeting organizer needs to be licensed. Attendees do not need to be licensed. You cannot purchase specific features out of Advanced Communications. You will have to buy the SKU as is.
In a blog post they shared that the massive growth of Teams in the last 6 months has lead to more teams needing PSTN Audio Conferencing and large virtual events, so have three pricing offers on:
Advanced Communications Discount
Get 35% off Advanced Communications until the end of your current subscription terms. Eligible for customers with Microsoft Enterprise Agreements, and paid Microsoft 365 or Office 365 license with Microsoft Teams. Available now through January 31st, 2021. Available worldwide.
Microsoft PSTN Audio Conferencing Discounts
Get Audio Conferencing for free until the end of your enrollment, starting October 1st, 2020 – Eligible for Microsoft Enterprise Agreements customers with paid Microsoft 365 or Office 365 licenses with Microsoft Teams without Audio Conferencing add-on or Microsoft 365 E5. Available now through January 31st, 2021. Available worldwide with exceptions in China and India.
For Eligible for CSP and Web Direct customers, Available Starting October 1st, 2020 through March 31st, 2021, Get Audio Conferencing for free for 12 months, with paid Microsoft 365 or Office 365 licenses with Microsoft Teams without Audio Conferencing add-on or Microsoft 365 E5.. Available worldwide with exceptions in China and India.
Microsoft Teams Licence Discounts for Migrating Skype for Business customers
For Skype for Business customers, Microsoft is giving pricing offers to help you move to Teams in a cost-effective manner.
All offers are subject to additional terms and conditions. Talk to your Microsoft sales representative to learn more.