Something from the February Teams update, Microsoft Teams Templates let admins quickly pre-define a team’s channel, install apps, pin tabs, and more. They leverage a new beta REST endpoint as part of the Microsoft Graph API.
For those who don’t do API’s, basically, this means you can “script” Team creation using Parameters sent to the service
You can design your own templates, but Microsoft has also provided a number of industry-specific templates to get you started:
- Education templates such as Class, Staff, and PLC teams
- Retail templates such as Store and Manager Collaboration teams
- Healthcare templates such as Ward and Hospital teams
For example, the Retail store contains:
- Shift handoff
- Team visibility set to Public
- Prevent members from creating, updating, or removing channels
- Prevent members from adding or removing apps
- Prevent members from creating, updating, or removing connectors
This opens up some real ability to automate the lifecycle of teams.