Previously Microsoft dealt with Microsoft provided PSTN number porting and number provision issues via some specific email addresses (like ptneu@microsoft and gcstnmsd@microsoft). As of July 22, 2021, the email system has been retired and replaced with a new dedicated portal.
The portal is at https://pstnsd.powerappsportals.com/ but can also be reached via the Teams Admin center:
Hopefully, this will make it easier to manage your PSTN cases with Microsoft. Particularly as you can view your organisation’s cases in one place “view my company cases”.
One gotcha is that only tenant accounts can raise cases for that tenant, so partners will need a tenant account for each tenant to manage this for their customers, but that isn’t a super unusual requirement for managed service partners.
Examples of cases you may raise include:
- Custom Calling Name (US Only) – Set a custom calling name on your Microsoft phone numbers. This is applicable to United States phone numbers only.
- Inter tenant port – Move phone numbers from one tenant to another. For example, you have two different tenants within Microsoft, and you want to move your phone numbers from one tenant to the other.
- Source tenant domain name – The tenant from which you want to move phone numbers to a different tenant.
- Source tenant unique identifier – The tenant ID for the source tenant. This is an optional field.
- Destination tenant domain name – The tenant to which you want to move phone numbers to.
- Destination tenant unique identifier – The tenant ID for the destination tenant. This is an optional field.
- Requested Date time* – The date and time on which you want your numbers moved from the source tenant to the destination tenant. See Date and time.
- List of phone numbers – The list of phone numbers that you want to move from the source tenant to the destination tenant. Upload a csv file with the list of phone numbers.
- Inventory Type Change – Change the type of phone number(s). For example, you want to change your Microsoft subscriber numbers to service numbers. For more information about the types of phone numbers Microsoft supports, see Types of phone numbers.
- Convert to – Select to convert your numbers to user numbers or to service numbers.
- Preferred Datetime* – The date and time on which you want the inventory type of your numbers to be changed. See Date and time for more information.
- Checkbox – I understand that to be able to update the inventory type, my phone numbers need to be unassigned – Microsoft cannot process phone number type change requests unless the phone numbers within your tenant are not assigned. If you are requesting this change for a future date, then you will need to ensure that the numbers are unassigned before your requested date and time.
- List of phone numbers – The list of phone numbers whose type you want to change. Upload a CSV file with the list of phone numbers.
- New TN Acquisition – Purchase new phone numbers from Microsoft.
- Number Type – Select the type for your numbers. See Types of phone numbers.
- Tried to get phone numbers from the Teams Admin Center Portal – Have you tried purchasing these phone numbers from the Microsoft Teams Admin Center portal, where you can self-serve?
- Quantity of phone numbers required – The count of phone numbers that you want to purchase.
- State/Province – The state/province within your country/region for which you want phone numbers.
- City – The city within the state/province for which you want phone numbers.
- Office address – This is specific to certain countries only. This is the site address of your office.
- Directory listing – This is specific to certain countries only. Do you want to publish your company information with the phone numbers?
- Port in – Port existing phone numbers from your current service provider to Microsoft.
- Name your port order – Provide an easy-to-remember name for your port request.
- Requested porting date/time* – The date and time on which you want the numbers to port to Microsoft. Please note that this is not a guaranteed porting date, since the current number owner has to approve our port request first. See Date and time.
- List of porting numbers – The list of phone numbers that you would like to port to Microsoft. Upload a CSV file with the list of phone numbers.
- Letter of authorization (LOA) – Attach a signed and filled out LOA here. Microsoft cannot process a port request without an LOA.
- Address Update – Update emergency calling address. Note that this field applies to select countries only.