Commissioned by Microsoft, Forrester Consulting conducted a Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study to provide readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of Microsoft 365 Cloud Voice on their organizations, hereafter referred to as Cloud Voice.
To better understand the benefits, costs, and risks associated with this investment, Forrester interviewed several customers with experience using Cloud Voice.
You can check out the full report here: The Total Economic Impact Of Microsoft 365 Cloud Voice, January 2020.: https://aka.ms/VoiceTEI/
Key Investment Drivers:
- Prior telephony solutions provided limited capabilities at too high a cost and effort
- Companies wanted an end-to-end modern collaboration experience that included voice
They suggest 4 quantified benefits:
- Employees save time from telephony being integrated into the Microsoft Teams collaboration platform
- Improved and integrated voice communication strengthen business outcomes.
- Organizations replace previous telephony solutions with Cloud Voice, which eliminates solution and support costs
- Telecommunication usage costs are also reduced
And 3 unquantified benefits:
- Cloud Voice improves security and compliance
- Cloud Voice has better uptime and performance than previous solutions and is easily scalable
- Cloud Voice, as part of Teams, improves employee satisfaction
There is also a breakdown of Total costs based on a 5,000 user organisation. This analysis uses a composite organization, based on the interviewees, to present the aggregate financial analysis.
Interesting reading. You can always debate the numbers in these surveys, and it’s commissioned by Microsoft, but I think it makes some good points and hights some important considerations. Interested to hear your thoughts on this.