I’ve been asked by a few people when will there be exams for Microsoft Teams. There are some options, both edX and some new beta exams.
edX Online Courses
Firstly there are two good edX courses you can take:
Enabling Teamwork with Microsoft Teams – Intended for IT professionals that manage an Office 365 deployment.
- Enable users for Microsoft Teams
- Configure Microsoft Teams
- Configure audio conferencing with Teams.
- Best practices for using Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Service Adoption Specialist – Intended for training, communications or adoption staff as well as IT professionals that manage an Office 365 deployment.
- Drive adoption of Office 365 and Microsoft Teams for your organization as example workloads in a cloud service adoption strategy.
- Write a collaboration and communications service strategy.
- Utilize the Outcomes Matrix to quantify and select success measures.
- Structure early adopter and champion programs.
- Work with technical talent to ensure service readiness and quality.
- Configure scalable user feedback methods.
The EdX courses are not your traditional Microsoft exams, but are online courses you can do for completely free, but have to pay $99 if you want a certificate of completion.
Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate
Microsoft have also released beta exams for the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate. This sounds in name like its focused on Teams, but it actually has quite a focus on SharePoint too.
“Microsoft 365 Teamwork Administrators configure, deploy, and manage Office 365 workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration, such as SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.”
The two exams you need to get this certification are:
- Exam MS-300 – Deploying Microsoft 365 Teamwork
- Configure and Manage SharePoint Online (35-40%)
- Configure and Manage OneDrive for Business (25-30%)
- Configure and Manage Teams (20-25%)
- Configure and Manage Workload Integrations (15-20%)
- Exam MS-301 – Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid
- Configure and Manage SharePoint On-Premises (55-60%)
- Configure and Manage Hybrid Scenarios (30-35%)
- Migrate to SharePoint Online (5-10%)
Alternatively, if you are already certified in SharePoint Server 2016 with the 70-339 exam, you could do the following exam only:
- Exam MS-302 – Microsoft 365 Teamwork Administrator Certification Transition
On the Teams front MS-300 covers:
Plan and configure Teams settings
- configure settings in the Teams admin center
- configure email integration options
- configure and manage Apps settings
- configure custom cloud storage
- configure a Teams meeting policy
- configure Content Search
- plan and configure the provisioning process
- plan and configure Teams templates
Plan identity and authentication for Teams
- implement identity models and authentication
- configure guest access
Manage the Teams environment
- deploy Teams client apps
- manage visible Apps
- monitor the audit log for events
Monitor and maintain the Teams service
- research, troubleshoot, and resolve reported issues
- monitor service health issues
- monitor Teams usage and usage patterns
Beta Discount codes valid until February 13th 2019
You can take the Beta exams for 33 USD Each using the following codes:
- Exam MS-300 – CODE: MS300Season
- Exam MS-301 – CODE: MS301Rocks
- Exam MS-302 – CODE: MS302TravelKLS
You can use these codes to register for the exams on or before February 13, 2019, and you must take the exams on or before February 15, 2019.