Exciting news in the Unified Communications space, Plantronics and Polycom today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Plantronics will acquire Polycom in a cash and stock transaction valued at $2.0 billion
- Accelerates and expands Plantronics vision and market opportunity to be the preferred communications and collaboration touch point
- Creates the broadest portfolio of communications and collaboration endpoints for the $39.9B UCC industry (Frost and Sullivan, 2018)
- Establishes critical relevance to create differentiation from insights and interoperability
- Expected to be immediately accretive to Non-GAAP EPS
- Expect $75 million in annual run-rate cost synergies within 12 months of transaction close
I wish my friends and Polycom and Plantronics good luck with the acquisition and new org. I think it’s a really synergistic pairing with some good opportunities.