It’s been over 6 months since the last PSTN Calling Preview (Germany and Belgium in June 2017, now generally available), but today Microsoft announced that Canada preview has opened up. Another big market for Microsoft.
It’s telling that the primary blog announcement is on the Microsoft Teams blog, with a cross post on Skype for Business blog. Not a surprise, but confirming Microsoft want the focus on Teams.
In order to preview Calling Plan for Canada, Office 365 Phone System (formerly Cloud PBX), and either Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business Online.
Qualifications for Preview
- You need a billing address in one of the countries where Calling Plans is available (Preview or GA)
Requirements for Preview
- 50 users using Calling Plans with their Office 365 number as their main telephone number
- Users are expected to complete frequent program surveys to provide feedback on experiences
- Join occasional live feedback sessions and actively provide feedback
- The O365 service location profile country of the user must match the country of the phone number being provided
- You need to be able to provide a physical address for the user+phone number that is allowed by the national regulator
You can sign up at SkypePreview.com