Update: 21/4/2016: 1.1 released: http://blogs.technet.com/b/skypecentral/archive/2016/04/20/skype-for-business-server-statistics-manager-1-1-released.aspx
What’s New in 1.1
- Scenario views have been added for Edge Media, Fabric Health, Pool Failover and Registration scenarios.
- Command line PerfAgentStorageManager.exe (installed with the Listener) can now export counter data as a CSV.
- Many new counters have been added for SQL servers, more Windows Fabric counters, more Skype for Business usage counters, and so on.
- Watcher node integration for the Statistics Manager Agent – if the Agent is installed on a watcher node, it will report synthetic transaction statistics as counters back to Statistics Manager.
- Numerous reliability and performance improvements.
StatsMan (a.k.a LyncDash) is now released as a free download available here.
What is StatsMan?
Skype for Business Server Statistics Manager is a powerful dashboard-driven tool that allows you to view Skype for Business Server health and performance data in real time. You can poll performance data across hundreds of servers every few seconds, and view the results instantly on the Statistics Manager Website. You can use Statistics Manager to pinpoint on-going performance issues, view the results of a planned change to your environment, track resolution of outages, and much more. Out of the box, Statistics Manager is configured with Key Health Indicator (KHI) thresholds, and can be customized to suit your deployment’s unique needs.
Top scenarios targeted are:
- Allow Admin to understand the impact of deploying a new patch/update/service directly after it has been turned on.
- Allow admin to track resolution outages in real-time
- Allow admin to quickly pinpoint performance/KHI issue in real-time which starts at all the servers at the same time within the pool
Statistics Manager allows you to:
- View raw data for all servers in real time. (Data is sampled at a very high rate and sent to the website in less than one second.)
- View data that is aggregated for a specific role; for example, Front End Server, Mediation Server, Edge Server, and so on.
- Drill down to view data for specific sites, specific pools within the site, and then specific servers within the pool.
- Create custom charts so that chosen counters are shown by default.
- Zoom and pan on both the x- and y- axes or on the x-axis only.
- Use date ranges or points in time to filter data.
- View server performance based on established key health indicators (KHIs). KHIs represent a collection of performance counters with a defined healthy range.
- View detailed metrics for each counter.
- Compare data across multiple populations or servers.
- View latent counter reports to identify agents that are not reporting current data to the dashboard service.
- Save a particular instance of chart data to a file.
- View KHIs in real time, including updates. If the history view is enabled, only new failures are shown.
- View all KHIs at one time
- View KHIs by server (Landscape view)
- View KHI definitions
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Support Skype for Business Server and Lync Server installations:
- Skype for Business Server 2015
- Lync Server 2013
- Lync Server 2010
- Listener/Website computer, with the following requirements:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
- redis 2.8 or later
- Agent computer, with the following requirements:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
- .NET 4.0 or later